View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #325
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
So I was wandering along peaceably minding my own business after having accidently fallen into a river I couldn't find a way out of when I discovered...

A relative of the evil rabbit from Monty Python's Holy Grail.

He'd killed and skinned a bear!

(Upper left in case you can't see it.)
I recently found that the rabbit had moved on...I was exploring in the newly opened area in north Rohan and what should I come across but...

The Killer Rabbit!!!

View 2

and

View 3

also, later on I got some pet goats.

I have enjoyed the recent update more than most people seem to have. There is a great deal of complaining about the current state of the game that seems to be growing in momentum. While there will inevitably be a chorus of grumbling at all times, there does seem to be something of a distinct exodus of players from LOTRO right now.

There are also concerns circulating around the LOTRO forums currently that the game may be genuinely in danger of shutting down in the next year or so. Apparently Turbine's contract to run the game is expiring and there are no announcements or any discussion at all regarding the future of the game. The fears are that this indicates that Warner Brothers and Turbine have decided to let the contract expire and close down LOTRO when it does.

I'm not sure I buy into these theories as there is still lots of time for some new deal to be announced, but it is food for thought.

As much as I complain about LOTRO and its various problems (and its got a lot and a number of them seem to be getting worse and I disagree with some of the directions Turbine seems to be going) I still have played as Kuru for a number of years now and will be sad whenever the time comes that the servers shut down for good and he goes to that great big server farm in the sky.