View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 04:27 PM   #176
Judge Simon
Wight

Judge Simon has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Jecht had gotten restless, he began to pace in his cell. Then a guard came over to him
Guard-You're to have a final meeting with the King...
Jecht-[under his breath]like it'll help me any.

Jecht and the guard took an underground passage. On the way Jecht saw Collette running like the crazy little hobbit she was.
She noticed him though he was just a shade of what he used to be. She stopped and just stared a moment. The guard and Jecht continued to walk for a little bit and then they walked up a few stairs and Jecht found that they were in the throne room. Aragorn was seated and Legolas stood next to him. Other than that the room was empty, and then the guard left.

Aragorn-Legolas tells me that his daughter suffers because of you.
Jecht-I knew not.
Legolas-Well she does[he sounded hurt and a bit confused] She has not eaten for a week.
Jecht-She does so of her own free will.
Legolas-Jecht, I know you are an honorable man. I know that you would rather die than lose your honor. But I implore you to leave Gondor, leave.
jecht-What about Thengise?
Legolas-If she loves you, perhaps she will follow.
Jecht-[turns to Aragorn] You would allow me to leave?
Aragorn-Legolas has told me of the true nature of my son, yes, I would allow you to leave.
Jecht-Then I will.

When Jecht snuck away it was night. He rode beneath Thengise's window. He fired an arrow with his message and rode off into the cold night....