View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:56 PM   #424
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Doctor Dream Speaks

Man, I had this all typed up then forgot to save it when I decided not to post it until getting permission. Maybe I can recall it all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I was back in the high school I attended in 11th grade. BW and SpM were two of the teachers. (They weren't fighting.) I got sent by one of them (I forget which) to welcome guests to the school, who turned out to be Bethberry and Mithalwen. We went to the auditorium - inexplicably connected to the kitchen of a house I lived in 10 years ago that's actually a good 3000 miles from the HS - and listened to them give a lecture. Which I couldn't hear, and when I could hear it, I couldn't understand because it was in an unidentifiable foreign language. Other Downers (sorry, I can't remember who), were also in the audience and looked very intent on listening. At the end, everyone cheered.
high school: formative and educational
BW & SPM: authority figures
welcoming: you represent education
Bethberry & Mithalwen: familiar & honored pair
auditorium connected to kitchen: educational connected to nourishing
lecture: (do you remember who the lecturer was? A BDer?) educational again
can't hear & can't understand language: Whoa! pretty obvious.
Other Downers hearing & understanding: also obvious
cheering: agreement and acceptance

Rather sad. Here's a place with all kinds of potential and you're even a model student there (sent to welcome). Educational and nourishing but stuff is being tuaght that you can't hear most of, and when you can, it's in a language you don't know. Missing out on something really worthwhile. Reminds me of the "missing categories in the mind" theory of knowledge: There are some Barrowdowns - perhaps Tolkienian - things that your dream-self is missing out on. Deep dream.

Wow. That was rather serious.

Quote:
I also had a dream that various moderators PMed me for being off topic and a general nuisance on the forums. I was threatened with being banned if I didn't behave myself.
Easy: fear of not pleasing others
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote