View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 05:37 PM   #91
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
You (and others) have a theory that Eru is to be viewed as responsible for Gollum's fall. Let's not confuse facts with matters that are subject to (legitimate) controversy.
This may be true, however, the particular strand of discussion I've been following is based on the idea Eru was involved.

Regarding this issue, the debate over whether Eru was or was not involved is irrelevant.

Quote:
I, for one, don't think that Eru was particularly more involved in the incident at Mt. Doom than he was in any event anywhere and any time in Arda.
To me this sounds like you are agreeing that Eru had something to do with it because you have to concede that he was involved in the destruction of Numenor and that is certainly an event at a point in time in Arda.