View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 06:57 AM   #42
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

If it helps, here's how I got into one of those restricted, invitation-only games: when I saw Estelyn's plan for The Revenge of the Entish Bow (I found it while wandering around the forum: nobody told me it was there) I realised that I had to play it; so I did as she suggested in the preamble and emailed her with an idea for a character. I was admitted. I didn't expect to be, because I hadn't roleplayed since my friends and I had to dissolve our Ars Magica group and I've never written collaborative fiction before, but it goes to show that experience is no object if your writing reaches the required standards.

It really is that simple. You don't have to be a moderator, or a friend of a moderator. You don't even need to have been a member for very long, as long as you can prove to the game's founder that you are the sort of player who is going to be an asset to their roleplay. My advice would be to have a go: the worst that can come of it is a refusal and nobody is going to bite people's hands off for asking nicely.

EDIT: Bethberry got in while I was still writing this. I'd like to add that as one's writing improves it becomes easier to pick up themes and keep things going without talking about it. Most of what I need to know is right there in the other posts. Those chat conversations aren't exactly the most structured of discussions. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Squatter of Amon Rudh ]