View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #90
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Kalimac watched wordlessly as Elsa scrambled around the camp, yelling fearfully for their children. He knew instinctively they were not there as he saw Elsa head back to the wagon. A mixture of fury and utter befuddlement rang like a cornucopia of incessantly chiming bells in his head as more paths were blocked up. His mind briefly flitted to reasons and conclusions, thinking about why his children were gone and what he would do when he found them, but soon enough fear and concern clouded his view as he saw his wife brandishing a broom at the woodlands ferociously. Kalimac, barely having time to think, raised his voice in protest but didn’t get a word out before Elsa stormed past him.

He knew she wouldn’t let those beasts hurt a hair on their children’s’ heads but he couldn’t let her throw her life away battling a bunch of wolves with a broomstick. Instead of cutting her off immediately, the Fallohide sprinted nimbly over to the Whitfoot wagon nearby. He literally pulled Staddle out of his conspiracy with the other pony at his side and yanked the animal free of its holdings. A second later, the hobbit had clamored onto Staddle and groped in the wagon hay for his bow. He extracted the fine, slender piece of oak and his unruly quiver before wheeling Staddle around and goading it quickly towards the woods.

The mounted Halfling quickly rounded on Elsa, blocking her path with the horse.

“Elsa, I know you want our children safe, but don’t go doing anything rash. You would do best to stay here, or at least remain near Marcho. I want both our children and you do be safe, Elsa.”

Even though he had a feeling his wife had some retort waiting, Kalimac was too concerned and, in truth, utterly terrified to listen. His firmness reinstating itself, the hobbit once again prodded Staddle towards the border of the dense thickets and underbrush that pockmarked the side of the forest. He could see Harold and Fordogrim on their mounts, which had headed out as he was speaking. His darkened eyes narrowing at the Chubb father and grandfather, he pulled himself and his Staddle in between them swiftly.

“I’m a-coming for you, you bloodthirsty villains!” said Fordogrim defiantly to the looming trees.

“Not alone, you aren’t.” said Kalimac coldly as he passed Fordogrim’s mount and swiveled around it, “This is as much my problem as it is yours, so you’ll kindly allow us other humble hobbits to participate in your little escapade.” The red-faced Halfling snapped the last words at Fordogrim, feeling the phantom sting of that cane on his nose and the fist that almost made contact with his face earlier.

Last edited by Kransha; 04-03-2004 at 08:41 AM.