View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 03:44 PM   #91
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Crispin stopped walking and lowered himself so his sister could dismount from her piggy-back ride. He straightened his back and rubbed it like an old man, the searing pain from his little sister's weight diverging through his whole body.

He then heard a low, mournful howl from somewhere behind them. He looked to Henry for a second, but looked away again when he decided that the two older hobbits hadn't heard it and he would be the big brave one if he confronted the beast. Letting go of Alora's small hand, he picked up a small branch that was laying in a mushroom patch. He at first wanted to bend down and pick the moursels, but decided against it. Flinging the stick hand to hand, he crept toward a large hackberry bush.

Another howl was heard, this time ear-shattering and longer. Alora chirped and ran toward Crispin, grabbing his free hand and dragging him back toward May and Henry with all of her might. "Alora! Stop it!" He tugged free and started poking the bush again. Crispin jumped slightly and pushed Alora behind him when something scampered from the bush. Noticing that it was only a small gray squirrel, he wiped his forehead quickly and pretended nothing had happened. Yet another howl broke through the trees, this time closer and more menacing. He grabbed Alora's hand and pulled the girl toward the older hobbits, comforting her as best he could in his now-frightened state. Can't let'm know I'm scared, or they'll think I'm some crybaby.... He yanked his piece of straw from the pocket of his vest and shoved it back into his mouth, his ears and eyes wide as more and more howls erupted from all around them.

Last edited by ArwenBaggins; 04-04-2004 at 11:21 AM.