View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #382
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Pilgrims on a journey...

Sometimes I just feel like I should be doing more to help, Bellyn thought. Her smile could not be concealed and her gratitude towards the Elves and their kind words was unspeakable. Her smile and spark of belonging acted as her only means of thanks. When Amroth spoke of breakfast Taitheneb stood, and Amroth continued, and with a smile upon his weary face he requested that Bellyn sing for him. Her brows knitted together, joy in her dark eyes that something as simple as singing could make someone happy. It was all so much simpler than she had thought.

“I would gladly sing for you, Lord Amroth,” Bellyn said, honesty in her voice as she stood and looked to the rising sun before turning back and looking to Amroth and Nethwador. With a final smile she let her voice ring in song for Amroth.

"We are pilgrims on a journey.
We are friends upon the road.
I will help you tread for miles;
I will help carry your load.

We will travel far from home now,
We will go where no one goes.
Hope remains when there is faith,
And our walking never slows.

If you grow tired I will help you!
We will keep each other strong.
Upon the road I met you,
On this road we do no wrong.

You tell your tales and laugh with us.
I listen as you sing for me!
We walk by day, sing at night,
Enjoying your company.

Companions on the sad journey,
Friends walking the hardest trail.
Some day we will reach the end,
'Til then our bond shall not fail.

We are pilgrims on a journey.
We are friends upon the road.
I will help you tread for miles;
I will help carry your load..."

After her last note faded, Bellyn paused and then she knelt quickly down next to Amroth, taking one of his hands in hers. "Lord Amroth, nothing is better left unsaid. Reality is swiftly becoming a nightmare’s fatality, and I promise I can be brave if I need to be...if you need it to be so. I promise!” When she finished speaking, Bellyn let Amroth’s hand loose and stood from her spot next to him.