View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #113
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I think the only practical way to manage it would be if the player in question declared their filibuster and then was forced to post continuously, at least once per minute or two, about the specific topic in question (which would need to be declared at the onset). If the player lapsed, the filibuster would end. Until the filibuster ceased, votes could not be cast.
I say this sounds really interesting, the only problem being that I am afraid it will be horribly complicated. Also, some players would really like to filibuster just for the sake of it, even if they had no other reason to! (Like me Yay!) But then, filibustering does not have much sense in other time than around DL, which would again mean that half of the players would actually miss that Of course us Europeans could mess around the time when the rest of the Europeans votes, or anybody could start to filibuster after somebody (not very cleverly) says "I have to rush in half an our, but will post yet and cast my vote meanwhile". But that's still nothing much set, and especially when the times when us Europeans may go to sleep may differ greatly. (However, it will be in this case really about the thing who will get annoyed earlier: whether the filibuster, or the voter who would just ignore and go to sleep )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote