View Single Post
Old 10-11-2002, 10:22 AM   #21
Lady_Báin
Wight

Lady_Báin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To get even more of track <P>well to clear it up once and for all (maybe) the "northmen" in the movie (i say in the movie i don't know about the book) cried "Ódinn" when they came close to land. Ódinn was the head of the viking god family so i think they were viking but history is full of unsureties (spl?) and guesswork we can't really be sure. And regarding the armor and such they did trade and pillage all over the european continent thanks to their long boats that could sail in water with 1 meter depth and could therefore go by river in to the little nooks and cranies at will.<P><BR>BUT to be sure i don't think the Rohirrim washed in each others loogies EEEEWWWW . They probably had bathing habits similar to the Men of Gondor like when they would wash before and (i think) after a meal, and the like but imagine they had to go for months at a time poor things.<P>wow one could write a very comprehensive essay comparing Anglo-saxons and Vkings from this thread I love it<P>oh yeah 13th warrior rules!<p>[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Lady_Báin ]