View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #558
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Wherein I'll catch your conscience and reign king

Scene xxvi
(The day’s discussions had been short, for the most part the villagers were uncertain and defensive. They did not know who to suspect and so the voting had been hastily done, better to end the day quickly than drag out their end. So it was that Farael found himself being led to the scaffolding which still loomed over the now all but empty village square.)

Farael: Fools!!!!! You don’t know what you’ve gotten yourselves into, Lynch Glirdan! He’s the Wolf, not me!
Glirdan: Come now, I know myself to be innocent, and The Pan Man there clearly can’t be the wolf, look at him.

(Farael turns to look at Saucepan Man as Glirdan has directed him to. However as he turns his head Glirdan takes the silver dagger, still on the ground from when Formendacil used it to kill the first wolf, and stabs it through Farael’s back. The Alchemist does not take long to die, but when Glirdan looks at his fellow villager’s corpse he’s struck by the overly surprised look on Farael’s face.)

Glirdan: Ha! Caught you by surprise did I there Wolfarael? (he turns to face SPM) I told you he was a….

(Here the musician look fully at SPM and is struck by the same surprising scene which Farael saw as he died, The Saucepan Man in the midst of a horrible transformation. Glirdan remains motionless in shock as the transformation finishes, the now fully lupine SPM looks at his remaining prey and the glint in his eye suggests that he is quite pleased with the turn of events.)

Glirdan: Look not so fierce on me! Adders and Serpents let me breath awhile! Ugly Hell, gape not!

(Exaunt THE LYCAN MAN with GLIRDAN)

Scene xxvii
(Enter 3 villagers from the Next Village over)

1st Villager: Come let us go visit Eaumor, for such a dreadful night was never seen since first the world’s creation did begin. Such fearful shrieks and cries were never heard. Pray heaven the villagers have escaped the danger.
2nd Villager: O, help us heaven, see here are Eaumor’s inhabitants all torn asunder by the hand of death!
3rd Villager: The beings who in Eaumor lived have torn them thus! For twixt the hours of twelve and one, methought I heard them shriek and call aloud for help, at which self time the world seemed all on fire with dreadful horror of the damnèd fiends.
2nd Villager: Well, though Eaumor’s end be such as every heart laments to think on, yet it was a village once admired for it’s wondrous integrity. We’ll give its mangled inhabitants due burial, and all our town clothed in mourning black shall wait upon their heavy funeral.

(Exaunt all)

Epilogue
(Enter SHELOB)

Shelob:
The tale we'd set to tell is told
The final corpse is gowing cold.
So with my final modding breath
I ask that you arise from death.
This double haunting, this wolf's cry,
It says that Eaumor here shall lie
And echos my wish that you now'll
Awake, friends, to their victorious howl.
Converse then, speak as you have will
The play is done but we are still
Ranger, Hunter, False Seer and True
Villager, Wolf, both cast and crew.
And 'til those parts begin to fade
Remember that what here was played
Was but a game and should not mean
That all things were as they did seem.

-----
Living:
Saucepan Man (Werewolf)
Glirdan (Ordinary)

Dead:
Shelob (Mod)--Killed by wolves on NIGHT 1
Abercrombie (Mod)--Killed while Yeti-Spotting on NIGHT 1
Gil-Galad (Ordinary)--Lynched at the close of DAY 1
Holbytlass (True Seer)--Gloucester-ized and welled on NIGHT 2
Lhunardawen (Ordinary)--Drown’d a muddy death upon DAY 2
Anguirel (Ordinary)--Killed quite safely during NIGHT 3
Littlemanpoet (Ordinary)--Vanished during DAY 3
Garin (Ordinary)--Lynched at the end of an eventful DAY 3
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant (Ordinary)--Thus was the shepherd beaten from their side during NIGHT 4
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Werewolf)--Died without a friend, but plenty of fiends DAY 4.
Boromir88 (Ranger)--Like Corey, burried under the contents of a Quarry during NIGHT 5
Tar-Ancalime (Ordinary)--Made an Ex-ex-leper at the end of DAY 5
Kath (Ordinary)--Killed by the Hunter during NIGHT 6
Mormegil (Hunter)-- )--in the back by wolves during NIGHT 6
Aiwendil (Werewolf)--burned at the stake at the end of DAY 6
Formendacil (False Seer/Fool)--Done to death by numerous papercuts during NIGHT 7
Celuien (Ordinary)--Lynched at the close of the 7th DAY
Nilpaurion Felagund (Ordinary)--Fortunately not gutted during NIGHT 8
Farael (Ordinary)--Killed as he learned the truth on DAY 8

THE GAME HAS ENDED, and I'm so glad you all caught my little note about the death having to be delayed due to German, just be lucky that I got a chance to check the votes this morning before school, since I knew Farael was dying I could work on the death between classes and whatnot, otherwise I'd be writing it now.