View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 04:55 AM   #180
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Firefoot -

Could you clarify something for me? At the end of post #157 as well as at the end of Kitanna's post, it sounds as if we are divided: half in the ravine and half on top:

Quote:
Firefoot:

"Didn't we have a rope left over from the raft?" he asked. Everyone dug into the supplies, and one skinny rope, perhaps ten feet long, was turned up. An end was let down, and Sondo grabbed ahold. "I'm the lightest," he said, "and I'm not sure this will support me. Try to pull me up, and I'll brace against the sides." He felt the slack go tight, and he was slowly pulled upward. He was about to grasp the edge of the ravine and hoist himself up when someone shouted and the rope slackened again. Sondo fell back to the bottom, and Rory came right behind. "That tree root tripped me!" he complained.

"There goes that plan," sighed Sondo. "The rest of you, stay away from the edge so you don't fall in, too. It looks like we're going to have to follow this ravine after all; the southward way looks impassable." He hesitated, noting the growing shadows. "And everyone? It looks like we're going to be spending the night here. Be on your guard. This place... I'd bet anything that it's far more dangerous to us than those Big Folk ever were."
Quote:
Kitanna: The hobbits were divided now. Half in the ravine and half still above. What happened when they went farther and they discovered there was no way out. What would happen to their group then?
Is the group still divided in two (half in the ravine and half on top) in your very last post #160? I can't see anywhere that we have been reunited, but your latest post mentions only one group going onward. It's the middle of the night here, and I may have missed something when I read. Could you clarify who is on the bottom and who is on the top, or are we all in one place? Are we now "lost" from each other: one group continuing on in the ravine and one group continuing on top? I wanted to make sure before I put up a post.

Cami

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 03-27-2005 at 05:00 AM.