View Single Post
Old 12-21-2001, 12:51 PM   #54
Joe Harrison

Sting

Alright then, I have now seen the movie again. The first time I went with some of my friends who also had read the books many times.<BR> Now I took my kids to see it. My brother, his wife and child, my brother-in-law and some more friends ,none of who have read the books, went with us. I enjoyed the movie much more the second time simply because I watched the movie without having a desire to compare it to the books.<BR> I still have three major gripes: 1.) Arwen, 2.) wizard duel, 3.) the ending. I will tell GreyIstar about why I did not like the end. It is because of the simple fact that Frodo left without telling anyone he was going. This coupled with the abduction of Merry and Pippin left Strider with a decision to make that he did not have to make in the movie. He wasn't 100% positive that Frodo and Sam went together but he was pretty dang sure. He knew that Merry and Pippin were taken. He had to decide, do I go after the Bearer and continue the quest or do I go for the friends that are in danger. <BR> Another reason I did not like Merry and Pippin in the movie is that their characters are left out so much that you have to wonder why Strider would even go after them.<BR> I think that the Elves at the beginning of the movie are awesome. I loved the way Elrond's hair flies up when the Elves fire their bows into the oncoming enemy.<BR> So I will give the second viewing of the movie a much higher rating than the first time.