View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 01:17 PM   #126
Schmendrick
Wight

Schmendrick has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is not fair!!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I was so excited about this "project" and now the weather in Finland has turned terrible!!It has been snowing for two days already, there's snow up to knees and an icy wind (officially a "storm wind")! So no long walks really... I hope the weather turns better soon; after all, it's APRIL!
But now for the questions:

1. Which of the four hobbits (Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin) do you identify with the most? Frodo
2. Why? Well, he's just most like me, in every possible way (although I might be just flattering myself...).
3. Is there another hobbit besides those four that you identify with more? No.
4. Where did that hobbit come from? (Fanfic? RPG? Tolkien?)
5. What's your favorite walking song? I don't really have one...
6. What's your favorite Middle-Earth walking song? " The road goes ever on and on..."
7. Do you sing it to a tune? Which one/where did you get it? The tune from the movie.
8. What's your primary method of getting to Rivendell? (Walking, running, biking... etc.) Walking
9. Secondary method of getting to Rivendell? (walking running etc.) Running, biking, hopefully riding...
10. If you had a Shire-pony what would you name him or her? Hmmm...Thowra.(Has anybody read that book?)
11. Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your hobbit-knapsack and why? a (CD-)walkman
12. Are you travelling alone or with other Rivendell walkers, and do they have hobbit-alter-egos? Alone...but I'm trying to "recruit" some friends [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
13. Many of you have or will post quotes from the book about walking-- but for this quiz, pick one that stands out the most in your mind, and then tell us why you like it or what it means to you.
I have to think about this...there are so many great quotes!
14. In hobbit-society, have you come of age yet (33) or not? No
What you can/cannot tolerate/enjoy about the Shire that we're leaving behind:
15. Pipes: yes or no? No.
16. Ale: yes or no? No.
17. Gardens: Yes or no? If yes, would you rather walk through, or weed & dig? Yes! Just for walking through, though. (Or taking a nap under a tree... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])
18. Living below ground: yes or no? No. I need to see the sky!
19. Dancing the Sprinkle Ring: yes or no? Yes!
20. Huge parties: yes or no? Yes.
21. What you like the least about The Shire?
22. Where you would want your summer cottage (or smial)?
23. Where you would settle in for the winter?
24. What would your hobbittish proffession be?
25. This one is for Dragoneyes: Will you try walking barefoot at some point, and what is your plan for doing it safely? I might try it, when it gets ( A LOT!) warmer...
--------------------

I'll answer later to some of the questions; they require some thought!
By the way, what do you think we should do to keep this thread more "Tolkien-related"? I don't want to see it closing down...