View Single Post
Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM   #409
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

No biggie--I still haven't been to S. CA in x amount of years and could use a trip down there. Typical Hobbit that I am, I tend to be non-adventurous.

Aw...the Little One's gone and flown the coop, left the nest, GROWN UP!!!*sniffle*
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'll bet he did sound proud of himself. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Wonder why New York, of all places. Seems awfully far from his family.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] (Aw, man...there I go with that motherly instinct again...!) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] He's almost 23...

Okay, *AHEM* back on the subject. Don't know how many of you have these, but a "Dollar Store" (this one's called "Dollar or More") recently opened near where I work, and I was killing time between getting off of work and a haircut appt. So I walk in, look to the right, and what to I see on a shelf but LOTR Valentines. Heh....how could I resist. Originally I was only going to get one box, as some I intend to share, but the other is for...the future, posterity, whatever....Naturally, THE COLLECTION! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I haven't opened either box yet (they're both the same designs) but from the look of it they're the perforated elementary-school kind, which is fine, 'cause the pictures are nice, and they're all foil. The verses are cheesy, but at the same time cute.
  • Pic: Frodo, with that darned haunted look on his face: Verse: Our Freindship Rings True
  • Pic: Gandalf the White: Verse: Hope your Valentine's day is full of surprises!
  • Pic: Lego: Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is right on target!
  • Pic: Sam( [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), with that o-so-thoughtful "He's got more in that head of his than he lets on about" look on his face; Verse: One friendship to rule them all.
  • Pic: Eowyn, Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is Stunning!
  • Pic: "The Three Hunters" and Gandalf on horseback. Verse: Hope your Valentine's Day is full of adventure!
  • Pic: Aragorn, Verse:There are Great things ahead for you, Valentine!
  • Pic: Treebeard, Verse: I'll be there for you on Valentine's Day!
  • Pic: Gimli looking like he's grumbling about the stiff necks of Elves, Verse: Have a grand Valentine's day!
    And last but not least, the possibly farmiliar pic of Merry and Pippin, Pip with the "Fool of a Took" grin on his face and his arm over Merry's shoulder, and Merry trying to look distinguished...Verse: I'll stay by your side on Valentine's Day! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[EDIT]

Quote:
- Sam in Orc armor (Sting comes out of the sheath! )
Isn't that cool!? I believe that all of the swords do...at least the Sting on my "Sam and Frodo in the Elven Boat" does, as well as Sam's barrowblade, and the one on him in the "Sam in Moria" action station I have... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Not to mention on the latter his saucepan comes out of his hand, just in case he wants to take a break from whacking Orcs and cook! Those action figures are sooo cool!

No, Miss Rilwen, I will most certainly not give up on my Sting. As a matter of fact, I'm zeroing in on one at one of the many websites you folks have given and intend to use part of tomorrow's paycheck for it....
Okay, this post has been way too long. I'll hush, now.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:20 PM January 15, 2004: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote