View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #23
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

To be honest, one of the reasons I was driven off was because of the decidedly - erm - chatty nature this forum began to take. It also sometimes became painful to read other people's posts, in my case. I think I disappeared around the time the third movie came out, when that last wave of Legolasses popped up, ready for one more round in the ring with us fangirl fighters. I realize that was about a year and a half ago, but I just haven't had the motivation to come in and catch up.

I do visit the chat every now and again, and sometimes I see people I know. Mostly it's just mindless banter, though.

If I remember correctly, around the time that Return of the King was released in the theaters, there was a lot of hissy arguments being started on here between two or so posters. Fighting is the one thing that will undoubtedly drive me off of a board, no matter what. I just can't for the life of me discern the cause for board tiffs - even though they seem to be rampant in all forums. People that don't even know each other but who share a common love fighting over something as innocuous as a specific interpretation of a word just gets to me.

I do frequent another board now - non-Tolkien related. I am still a Tolkien fan and reread his works in my off-time. That's another thing: "free time" was practically non-existent for me this year. Between academics, college essays, various theatrical endeavors, and sleeping, I really did not come online at all. I was spending fifteen or sixteen hours a day at my school, and when I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep, eat breakfast, and head out the next day.

When I go to college next year, I hope to have more free time to return to the boards. Coming on here today - though granted nothing could upset me today - just feels so great, I want to make it more of a habit. When I'm not working this summer, I'll also try to come on.