View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #24
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Yes, I'm afraid I'm also one of those members that has sort of ghosted away. I do still drop by occasionally, but I generally read much more than I post. I am in constant fear of being repremanded for saying something that has already been said! So I try and keep my mouth closed and let people think I'm an idiot instead of opening it and leaving everyone with no doubt of my lack of intelligence. I am still deeply interested in Tolkien, and am currently still working my way through some of the HoME books. I have a lot to learn, but I have learned a lot reading the posts here.

Personally, I like forums with few members. I think that this forum has staying power. Another forum that I used to be on had an administrator type who was easily swayed by the newest fads. The forum quickly switched from a purely LOTR forum, to one devoted to Harry Potter. That is one of the reasons that I left it. Now that I have left it, I hope to spend more time here, where people are truely devoted to Tolkien. This forum has been around since before the movies, and it will last long after the movies are considered out-of-date.

By the way, I'm single.