View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 06:22 AM   #591
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I'll change the topic, with permission from the rest of you pending, to gardening. There are few nicer things than doing some gardening with your dad. Unless it involves picking up leaves (which given the amount of trees we used to have was a real pain) or mowing the lawn (as the mower makes so much noise it's impossible to talk over it). But other than that, it's pure joy.
Oooh, that takes me back! I spent many a happy hour working in the vegetable plot with my dad! The only nasty thing was he used to get me to pick the runner beans because I could crawl under the plants, and I used to get all the bugs in my hair. He also got me to pick all the gooseberries because my little fingers got stabbed by the nasty thorns less often! And I was expected to help out with my grandad, who grew all kinds of salad and herbs in his fields, but at least he gave me wages, unlike my dad!

I assign to The Shire, the smell of fresh Strawberries. I've got some here (so now davem knows what's for pudding later) and I can't stop sniffing them.