View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 02:46 PM   #337
Jjudvven
Wight

Jjudvven has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jjudvven
Well I didn't see it listed above so I'll mention it here.

The Dragonlance Trilogy by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman is a very good fantasy series. I've read about 20 of their other books and have been very impressed by them. Nothing close to Tolkien, but very good nonetheless and I heartily recommend it to fantasy fans.

Anything at all by Tolkien--the Tolkien Reader, the Silmarillian, etc. Farmer Giles of Ham is one of my favorite of his short stories.

C.S. Lewis' Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength are also excellent books, although more sci-fi than fantasy.

I've read the first two books of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, but was moderately impressed by the change between the first and the second book. I hope to get the rest of the books soon.

Charles Williams is also an excellent writer. I have only read one of his books, War in Heaven, and that recently, but my dad has just about everything that he has ever written so I hope to get around to more of them soon.