View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 07:32 AM   #4
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigűr View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's anything about judgement in the Halls of Mandos. In any event, I don't think it was the role of the Valar to judge them.
The best glimpse of the fate of Men's spirits seems to be in The Silmarillion, dealing with Beren after his death.

Quote:
For the spirit of Beren at [Lúthien's] bidding tarried in the halls of Mandos, unwilling to leave the world, until Lúthien came to say her last farewell upon the shores of the Outer Sea, whence Men that die set out never to return.
Quote:
But Mandos had no power to withhold the spirits of Men that were dead within the confines of the world, after their time of waiting; nor could he change the fates of the Children of Ilúvatar.
From that, it looks like Men just wait for a time in Mandos until they leave Arda. What they wait for is unknown. An opportunity to reflect on their life? Do they lose all memory then when they leave forever? No way to know. But at any rate there's no mention of any manner of judgement at Mandos; and, as Zigűr said, I wouldn't think it was the place of the Valar, as fellow created beings of Ilúvatar, to have done so.