View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #25
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
DE-EX-07: For the sake of safety I am still inclined to skip the speculation about the Dwarves awakening at the time when the Eldar left Middle-earth.

DE-EX-07.1: Since we did not specify in our text what ratio we assume between VY and SY, we could simple leave the issue with the Dwarvish procreation necessary for the story of the Petty-Dwarves unaddressed.
a) Does sound simple, but would mean some changes in the farther chapters where the story of the Petty-Dwarves is retold. Even in the Narn and RoD so it is not made explicit the story is in the background. Therefore this option does not work for me.
b) This option would work for me as descript above, so I would, as said in DE-EX-07, at least skip the impossible speculation of the late awakening.
c) I can see a way to be ambiguous about who made these additional Dwarves, but how we could edit a text that implicitly suggest the additional Dwarves without mentioning them within our rules, is beyond me imagination in the moment.

DE-EX-08: Good, we will keep the passage.

DE-EX-09: I agree that the circumstances of the statement suggest that it applies to the dwarvish fëa. But what fate would that be? Imprisoned in the stone/tomb forever? Annihilation of the fëa? Good that we do not have to solve that riddle! I agree to your suggestion to remove the statement about Elves and Men knowing nothing of the fate of Dwarvish fear after death and to keep that about this being an Elvish myth.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote