View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #170
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Just to comment briefly on what Lathriel said - while I obviously don't dispute someone's right to create fanfiction, for some reason reading it always makes me uncomfortable. I just can never get as into it as I do to the stories created by the original authors. I realize this is probably hypocritical of me, seeing as I write my own fanfiction. But, since I feel so ill at ease reading the fanfiction of others, I never post mine: it's one of those things I do for myself alone. I'm always willing to share my original fiction, though.

Who would I send to Mordor? Gee, how can I answer that without getting political? That's a tough one.

Okay, I'll go a different route, then. How about we send all closed-minded bigots in general to Mordor. Although, that would make us closed-minded and would probably put us in the same category as those people, lumping them in one category and shipping them off.

I wouldn't mind sending some of the New York Yankees announcers into Mordor. I swear, most of them don't speak English - and it's supposedly their first and only language. My father and I have a joke that if you were to ask them, "What language do you speak?" they'd reply, "None."

"Other than English?"

"No. I speak no language."

Well, this is a phonetic interpretation of what the average call sounds like:
Duh pisch tuh Deter...lu-WING enna miss. Snike tree!

Translation:
The pitch to Jeter...Swing and a miss. Strike three!

And no, that was not exaggerated in any way, shape or form.