View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #15
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A quiet person is not more suspicious than anyone else here. Quite often, someone who doesn't show (particularly on Day 1) has reasons that aren't necessarily sinister.

It's true, I've found at least one wolf tends to hide among the quiet ones. But usually a wolf wants to participate and be influential so they can swing the votes their way. I'd say while there may be one quiet wolf, there's mostly likely 2-3 wolves among the active participants. On Day 1, if there are several no shows, picking one of them to lynch will be a completely random guess. While I agree we cannot ignore the quiet ones, I notice that suspicions against them tend to be more accurate later in the game. So perhaps it would be smarter to hold off on attacking them until a later Day.

In my previous experience, a Day 1 lynchee usually ends being someone who says or does something wildly absurd, or it is a quiet person. Which one will it be toDay? Or can we find a middle ground for once and vote for someone completely different? As unlikely as it may be, a Fenris wolf would be nice, especially with four wolves hiding among us.