View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 PM   #609
Huntress
Pile O'Bones

Huntress has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

[QUOTE]
"What about you, Huntress?" she asked. "Hasn't your family been wondering where you are during you journey as a ranger?"

Every part of Raves story had hit Huntress like a physical blow she began to understand exactly how much she did have in commen with Rave. Huntress alowed a small smile to escape her lips as she realised that her first instincts about this women had been right she had found in a way some one who would understand,

"I very much like you have no family, infact I don't know where I came from." she took a deep unsteady breath, this was it no turning back.

"Its a part of the reason I've been travelling my parents were murderd while we were I don't know moving, wandering, I was to young to know where we were going to or where we came from but I do know that they were murderd not by orcs but by...by..." She almost couldn't say it for years this knowledge had haunted her no one had belived her when she had said what she'd seen but then even for an elf she wsas very young. "They were killed by a man or an elf I wasn't able to tell which, but since then i've been searching to avenge them."

Huntress didn't look up from the table or her drink it had been a long time since anyone had heard that story and she didn't enjoy brining up those memories or was she ashamed to have wasted so much of her life looking for scum.

"And so my trail has lead me to the Shire where it appears to be going cold, maybe I to will never find what i'm looking for."

It was a sobering thought the fact that she might fail in this, which had taken up her entire life, Rave's honest voice cut through her thoughts,

"But if your parents were killed who raised you." she asked it gently with only the softest sound of curisoity in her voice, a large lump came to Huntresses cheast she found it hard to breath she couldn't explain it,

"I was raised at first by men they found me after the attack, then I moved on and was raised by a ranger he died so then I moved to another villege and well stayed with them for a short time. I left when I was ready and when I felt I could be taught no more in arts of war and fighting and so began my journy or search."

"What about other elves why didn't you try and find them." amusment danced for a second in Huntress' eyes

"I met a few on my journeys but You could say I never made the time for them...so as strange as it may seem I don't have a home and have never put my name on any place of elfs to call my own."

Huntress could see these things been procesed by Rave, then once agian Huntress was complelled by that unknown force to ask Rave questions, to for the first time in her life try and become friends, well at least try,

"You now know what I have been searching for and you also know a little of my life, prehaps if you wouldn't mind you could share some of yours with me."

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Huntress ]

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: Huntress ]