View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 11:17 PM   #118
Maglor
Pile O'Bones

Maglor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen

Maglor:

This is a quote from an interview with Christopher's son Adam linked by Cof7A in post 36 of this thread . So nothing much new to those who have read HoME but newly presented as an entity.. but the article is well worth reading...
Wow...sorry it took so long to respond to this. And then the thread closed, but it's back now, so...

I did read the interview mentioned (it was a good one too) and I did see the quote that you posted, that it is essentially a completed puzzle more than a fresh retelling.

But this quote (from the same article)...

"Many parts of the text will be - if not identical - recognizable to the knowledgeable reader, but there are also pieces that have never appeared before." (emphasis mine)

...gave me the impression that there will be *some* new material, even if it is minimal. I agree with what everyone has said already, that it's basically the same story in the most complete sense, but I still think we may be treated to a little new material, those nothing so large as to alter the plot significantly. Just minor touches, I'm guessing.

But we'll find out soon, won't we?
Maglor is offline   Reply With Quote