View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #124
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Fantastic!!! I was very near here last Wednesday, I went over to Newark and Southwell. It's a lovely area with loads to see and Notts people are lovely. You'll have to accept everyone will call you 'Duck' and 'Flower'. There's a very nice pub and old church in the village and it's very close to Sherwood for Ent spotting.

Street View Link

I have also done a quick look up for travel. There are two bus services in the village almost outside the cottage, the 14 (Stagecoach) which runs to Mansfield each hour and the 36 (YourBus) which runs to Retford each hour. I note, no buses on Sundays though. Retford is on the line for Kings Cross and it's a very quick trip. It's also on the line for Sheffield, Worksop and Doncaster where you can make other changes. Mansfield is on the line for Nottingham where you can change for St Pancras and Loughborough (which is 17 minutes). If anyone has travel queries I'm happy to look them up.

Last edited by Lalwendė; 03-26-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Lalwendė is offline   Reply With Quote