View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 10:03 PM   #17
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Faint moonlight glimmered off the water, illuminating the foaming waves that splashed up onto the rotting boards. A seagull's call resounded and hung in the dense air, eventually fading into a passive silence that was broken only by the faint sound of the ocean curning against the beach. A peaceful tranquility seemed to have set itself over the dock, enveloping the dark section of the city.

Two men stood outside the door of a shack, though presumably for other purposes than to enjoy the quiet. They were deep in conversation when a third figure appeared from around the corner and joined them. He was greeted coldly, owing to the fact that he was quite late, before one of the two who had been there originally opened a map and pointed to several locations. Soon the voices became louder, as an argument began, and several weapons appeared before the heated debate was ended. At length, when the trio seemed satisfied with their plan, they left the dock and followed the road into the city.

"Have you got that, Adgar? I want no mistakes, not with so much at stake."

Jurex stared hard at the corsair, who was fiddling with the bone handle on his knife. "Aye sir, I believe I unnerstand it."

"Repeat it."

Jurex, Adgar, and an acomplice known as Yuri waited in the shadows outside a plush inn. The former of the three corsairs had discovered that Devon's favorite place to attend for a late meal was a comfortable diner, named the Snifter and Song. Now he and his companions waited outside the establishment in hopes of capturing the young man when he left. They had been there for over an hour, and Jurex used the time to drill Adgar on the specifics of their plan.

"Yessir. We wait here until he comes out the door. Then you bump into him and knock him over as he's comin' out the door, and den shut the door in the process. Then as you help 'im up, I throw 'is coat over 'is 'ead while Yuri 'ere clubs 'im."

"Good. I think you might actually understand." Jurex's voice was laced with sarcasm.

Yuri was looking into the hotel window. "I think I see him, Jurex. Yes, that's him alright. Paying the bill now... headed towards the door. Get ready, Jurex!Adgar, move back. We don't move in yet."

Before moving towards the door, Jurex scanned the streets for guards or other citizens. Thankfully, the dusty road was deserted, and the man hurried to the door. Then, in a single instant, the plan fell apart.

Jurex had not realized that the doors on the hotel opened outward. As Devon came out, the door struck Jurex in the face, and he fell backwards with a grunt. Devon, ever the gentlemen, reached down to help him up. Suddenly, Adgar rushed forward and, mistaking the figure of Jurex for his target, grabbed the corsair's coat and pulled it over his head. Yuri, who had made the same mistake, took full advantage of Jurex's predicament to club him soundly.
Devon, recognizing Adgar from thier previous encounter, dashed off down the road; leaving the corsairs to discover their horrible mistake.

Quickly realizing their error, the two corsairs lifted up the prone form of Jurex and carried him off in the opposite direction. Amazingly, the encounter was seen by known but the participants; though the corsairs would have at the present time gone to prison rather than face the wrath that they knew would issue from their unconcious leader.

[ November 05, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]