Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 05:24 AM   #3415
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Pipe All done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Ah, Bilbo IS the insect. Of course he is - naughty little fly!

I was trying something with blob, but didn't make that connection.

Taniquetil for the last one - Manwe and the noble Varda?

Cirith Ungol ... I can see TURN, but can you show me the rest?
No, definitely not Manwë and Varda- but I was wondering if someone would guess that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I've no guesses at the anagram - if it has TURN then there's also letters for LOGIC, but 'HI! LOGIC TURN' doesn't really spring out as relevant.

Still thinking about #3. Assuming it's not Taniquetil per Pervinca, I guess 'reflected' indicates it's reversed. Hmm...

EDIT: If the 'noble lady' is Shelob Herself, then 'he' who lived in the high place known as the Tower of Cirith Ungol is SHAGRAT (or TARGAHS, reversed).

hS
That's it! The clue more-or-less paraphrases the line, "You should try being up here with Shelob for company".

As for CIRITH UNGOL- the second way of arriving at the answer is TWISTED SUFFERING = COILING HURT, "twisted" again for the anagram.

So-

AVATHAR Incarnation has a solitary element in this land of shadows.
TELPERION Unsettled surfeit for the insatiable.
TARGAHS (Shagrat) As he reflected, he lived in high places, in the company of a noblewoman.
ERED GORGOROTH Legendary one walked valley, bewildered, in dreadful mountains.
ROKLEM (Melkor) A mighty avant garde soloist, in retrograde. Or is that an echo?
CIRITH UNGOL Twice-twisted suffering? We have come to a pretty pass.
OBLIB (Bilbo) A venomous insect, yes- but me, a mixed-up globule? Take it back!
PHIAL OF GALADRIEL Star-power? She bottled it!

Theme: giant spiders.

Well done, both of you!

And over to you, Pervinca!

Last edited by Nerwen; 03-02-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Wrong smiley! I used "stick out tongue" by accident. Err.... Bilbo made me do it?
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote