Thread: Thuringwethil
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #15
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
sorry if I am talking about something which is considered a finished part of the conversation, but I at times I get easily confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė
So in the latter cases, its the skin which possesses the qualities of the beast it suggests? That to me suggests that its not the wearer but the skin which has the 'powers'.
Yes in the later cases it is the skin which possesses the powers, but that doesn't really matter does it? Unless you mean that because the skin possesses the power then the humans shape won't change. I am of that opinion that the skin might be capable of changing the shape of the human/elf when they were it. It might not be the case every time, but I am not sure that the skin had human/elven shape.

This might be kind of irrelevant, but it is on a level where I can participate so I thought I would add it.

about Goths. . . It has always fascinated me with all these different kinds of Goths. There was the tripe people who may/may not have been inspiration for the Rohirim , then there is the Goth that came with black romanticism as you have already said. We must not forget the inhabitancies of the Swedish isle of Gotland. When this island was under Danish rule the Danish King took the title of: Lord of the Goths. . . again not that relevant, but kind of fun.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote