View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #239
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Formendacil

I don't know how each person chooses to operate, but from one of the places I did read where the roles were selected from a mix of random and picked choices. I don't know anything about the phantom, but from the structure of the game, it looks like he wants a thoughtful, strategy based game. There is the new addition of the bonus votes, the evil and good roles have slightly different abilities, or extra powers available than the traditional roles. So, I assume he would want to see some of these new facets used and how they are used. If someone did not show up to the Day -1 portion, I would wonder if they were still in or not.

This might all be moot now, because it was before all the revelations about technical problems. I am not saying anyone is using it as an excuse (there is a nasty computer virus travelling around the US - I remember it was on the West Coast I think 2-3 days ago), just saying I was going by the rules that if someone does not participate/vote they are modfired and was wondering if we should lynch someone who is going to be modfired, because that would theoretically give us extra days.
Fair enough... I am mollified, I guess, insofar as I don't know you, so I can't distinguish between newbie covering (especially since, were that so, you could assisted by PMing with the other Wolves) and honesty--but at for know, I'm mollified. Though, I suppose, if you are a wolf, and you die, we should be looking for people who posted on this thread between those two posts to find someone who potentially might have been a PM partner.

Hmm... that might actually be an interesting gambit: lynching Kent to see if he's a wolf. It's tenuous grounds, to be sure, but that's sort of the prevailing atmosphere.