View Single Post
Old 06-06-2003, 07:44 AM   #24
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dűm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hello Selmo, nice to see another English-speaker on the net! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (So that makes 3 Hollywood's I've heard of now...one in/next to Belfast, one in Staffordshire, and one in California. Cool.)

That's a very nice story, and one that's very applicable to Mordor. Reminds me of when I was in France and Belgium, looking around trecnhes of World War one such as Vimy Ridge and others, and a giant crater caused at the start of the Battle of the Somme, and just comparing all the green, grass-filled, serene countryside in my mid with the images in the museums of the enitre landscape torn up and drowning in mud.

But as Lord of Angmar said:

"In LotR, it is said that the earth and soil Mordon as a whole cannot be healed of its corruption unless the waters of the Great Sea itself sweep over it and cleanse it."

Aragorn said that eventually even Morgul Vale would be cleansed. But perhaps in those regions most affected by Sauron, most tortured by him, like where Barad-dru stood, only the Healing of the World (long overdue) could heal it?

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote