View Single Post
Old 01-10-2001, 08:11 PM   #28
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Literary devices and plans to start

I must say that I while I am willing to do B &amp; L in the 3 rd slot . I am not convinced that it will be any easier than FoG.
Especially if we try and integrate the many details out of the lay .I definitely feel starting is more important than what [esp w/ a good solid work like DoV].

coming to mind is Aragorn's statement that &quot;at Rivendell you may hear it told aright&quot; , possibly meaning that there were other ways [i.e. versions] of telling it that were suspect in the mind of the distant descendant of Beren and Luthien.

If we get through a couple other tales we should , I hope have the energy and skill to wrestle w/ a 'big tale' such as B &amp; L.

So yes, amazingly enough, it seems all four of us are on board w/ DoV.

I started reading the version from I and have #'d the paragraphs in 77, as a base ,
shall we proceed w/ paragraphs divided as per my previous post ?
I know this was not resolved,
But I feel there are strong benefits to a group approach , as long as it isn't too chaotic.

I have some thing of a knack [ or at least obsession] for procedural organizing so I am happy to apply it to the inevitable problems as they arise, and submit suggestions to vote [ or consensus] , if noone else wants to tackle such mundanicities .

Onward and upward to valinor?

lindil

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote