View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 11:30 PM   #85
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrîniðilpathânezel View Post
Hmm, then who's Jughead...?
Jughead? Probably Erestor, Elrond's sidekick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrîniðilpathânezel View Post
Actually, you could use both names, randomly. I've seen plenty of bad fanfics wherein the author is quite unable to decide which one it's supposed to be, and certainly doesn't care one bit about proofreading. What's even more horrifying is the fact that people actually praise some of the worst I've seen as being excellent and true to canon. *shudder*
Yes, abberant misspellings (meaning, even the misspellings do not follow a consistent pattern) are a hallmark of bad roleplay and bad writing in general. I am always amused with what I refer to as 'Chat RP', wherein the collaborators' efforts consist of single line posts (one or two sentences per character) with nominal grammar (the article 'teh' is prominent) that stretch on for hundreds of posts. This type of RP is fun because one can start from the final post and read backwards to the first post and the story does not suffer (having made little sense to begin with). Needless to say, canonicity is about as evident as punctuation.