View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 04:58 AM   #33
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

Yikes! Pretty serious debate here! I was trying to lighten things up. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Not to mention everything I'd read up to my first post on this thread was pretty theoretical. Sorry if I offended. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:
You overlooked the Dragon's spell from their eyes, and the size of a Dragon's tail. It would probably have greater reach than a Balrog's whip, but obviously be rather unwieldy.
Oops! Okay:

Smaug hits Balrog with Eye of Terror from all the way across the - ahem - PHYSICAL - battle field. Balrog being much mightier - SPIRITUALLY - is not dissuaded. No, the opposite. It comes forth in its cloud of night and flying toward Smaug, flings its looooooooonnnnnng whip, closing Smaug's snout shut.

Ya know, it's looking more and more like the Balrog's the tougher dude.... at least in Tolkien's scheme.

I'm writing my own unpublishable tome in which dragons are spirits in wyrm shape, and are much tougher than Tolkien's dragons. More akin to Chinese, I suppose.

Don't let the fun get snuffed by theoretical fumes! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote