View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #1132
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow, I have a number of posts to read. I'll catch up ASAP, and see if it's proper to have Khamir rage some more...otherwise I'll get Adnan and Vror into the mix.

Brinniel - Let me know if maybe Khamir and Shae to share some 'thoughts' each other, hehe. Just a possibility, particularly maybe if you think she won't be so into telling everyone exactly how she feels as Khamir does? No rush, though. Glad life is a little less crazy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
As far as the plotline goes, it seems that right now, without the influencing factor of the females and children, the side advocating letting the male Orcs live would probably win out eventually - so the appearance of the females and children will not be so much the deciding factor as the way to convince those who are arguing strongly for killing the males. That's how it seems to me, anyway.
I think the problem is that, naturally, it's only been from the perspective of certain characters. That's what RPing is. The big picture, though, is very different. I mean, mostly those speaking up are either the people from Gondor or children, who really don't represent the whole. It seems like a question of demographics almost to me, hehe. Even though I think there are a number of children among the slaves -- well, first off there's nothing to say all the children will want the orcs spared at all.

In my opinion, I think the majority of the slaves, regardless of gender or age, will feel that they should be killed. They have no reason to feel morally obligated to protect *all life* like that. I don't want to get personal opinions involved, but I will say that (yes, personally), I'd look at someone who was a slave in the sort of conditions they were and who felt any great amount of sympathy for the orcs and though I would think their ability to show compassion extremely admirable, I'd also think they are a little crazy.

Particularly if I were also a slave who had experienced the same sort of life (not just isolated events or anything, but living in Mordor enslaved) I would think them pretty crazy, hehe, for perhaps lack of a better word. That's just to put it in perspective, not to cause debate, so sorry for getting personal things involved.

Anyway…I guess it does depend on perspective, but I think that there are a number of factors to consider that really at least to me make it pretty certain that the majority are going to go for putting the orcs to death. Just thinking of the world they live in and have lived in…their worldview and their view on ‘morality’ and what have you is going to be pretty different (if not vastly different) from ours.

Sorry for the lengthy rant. I hope at least some of that made sense. I also hope I don’t seem nasty or anything: that’s just my view, just some thoughts, and I’m not claiming it to be the *final word* or anything, hehe.

Tevildo – I’d love to do a post from Adnan’s perspective about when the actual decision is made, if that seems appropriate when the time comes and if no one minds me doing it. Obviously part of it will be whoever gets to it first, hehe, but… At any rate, I think giving everyone a little more time with just the ‘debate’ (which could mean for some characters just considering it to themselves), because…well, at least I’m finding it so interesting to consider as my characters. Specifically I hope Brinniel will have the chance to give us Shae’s viewpoint. (No, no pressure, I promise!)