View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #184
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye Night 2 Wolfish plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Wolf
Another good day at the coal face. [Big Grin]

ToMorrow, we will be facing 4 innocents, and we may even get the Seer toNight if we are lucky.

I'm a bit annoyed with cross-posting with the phantom on that last minute vote, as I would have preferred to have killed Lal to Shasta. But I couldn't risk looking like I was trying to create another multiple lynch, and I couldn't look like I trusted phantom too much either.

I could, of course, have gone for the mutliple tie and possibly ended the game then and there, but where would the fun have been in that? [Wink]

So, toNight's kill? Any ideas on who might be the Seer? It looks like Lal was thinking Mith might be, but I don't see it myself. I shall have to review, but it doesn't look like the Seer has spotted one of us yet.

I would prefer to leave the phantom alive for now, unless anyone thinks he might be the Seer. I can't see it myself, but I wouldn't put it past Fea to confer Seership on him. Other than that, my current thinking is either Mithalwen or Lalwende. I would lean towards Mith, as she has attracted very little suspicion, whereas Lal has been under more pressure. And who knows, perhaps Lal is right about her being the Seer.

Any thoughts?

~The Saucepan Wolf~

PS I am unlikely to be around at the deadline tomorrow so would one of you be able to send the kill choice to Fea and Boro? If not, I will have to send them the kill choice early.
Still hadn't spotted Holby as the Seer, although that's probably 'cos she hadn't posted anything more in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf of Despair
Bad Wolf!

Sauce, we had it!

Victory was so close! A Quintuple lynch, plus our kill tonight would have meant easy pickings the next day.

*sulks*

I'm disappointed in your lack of "go get 'em" spirit. [Wink]
The possibility of the quadruple/quintuple lynch did of course occur to me. Given the opportunity, I would have thought long and hard about it. But it would have been terribly unsporting (and Nogrod would most definately have disapproved ). Still, phantom played well there and effectively denied me the opportunity, or at least made me risk looking very Wolfish if I went for it and failed.

Quote:
Hehe. I'm playing the 'long game'. Which hopefully means wrapping up the victory toMorrow. [Big Grin]

But seriously, with phantom holding his vote right 'til the end, I couldn't risk it. Had he voted for one of those who already had a vote, I would have ended up looking very Wolfish.

We do really need to kill the Seer toNight though, if we can. There is a good chance that he or she will dream of one of us toNight, which will cause us problems toMorrow if he/she is still alive.

Our choices are as follows:

Gil
Holby
phantom
Mithalwen
Lalwende

I find it very unlikely that Gil is the Seer, unless he was being very clever with that vote for Boro.

It's possible that Holby is the Seer, but it would be practically impossible to spot her with her being out of the action toDay. I do think that her opening post of Day 1 was probably too bold for a Seer, though.

If phantom was the Seer, I am almost certain that he would have dreamed of me on Night 1, as he would want to know whether to trust me or not.

Which leaves Mith and Lal. Mith suspected Lal and Holby and voted for the latter. She did not give any indication that she thought anyone innocent. I would expect a Seer to leave some kind of a hint in case she was killed.

Lal, on the other hand, posted favourably about Kath, me and Mithalwen. It wouldn't surprise me if, as a Seer, she dreamed of Mithalwen on Night 1.

So I am now leaning towards killing Lal, as the most likely Seer.

Would welcome your thoughts, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf of Despair
I'm currently leaning towards Lal or Holby as good kill prospects. Mithalwen does not seem too...threatening...at the moment.

Lal is certainly a good target, since she is rather vocal. But her posts seem to be...less and less helpful to the village. She seems to be playing the middle ground, able to backtrack when needed, perhaps hoping we don't see her as a Seer (if she is one, of course)

Holby's quietness would make her an excellent pick, since there is no decent trail to trace back to us. And if she is the Seer, perhaps her silence will be more dangerous in the long run. In leaving her alive because she has been unavailable, she could return with a fair amount of dream-knowledge in tow. This, if she has anything, could lead to one or more of us meeting a quick demise.

That of course is speculation, as there is little there to put to analysis.

For now, I'll say we can go with putting Lal under the maw. If I think of anything else, or this "decision" changes, I'll let you know.

Oh, and I can send the mods our decision tomorrow morning before I leave for work. Just make sure to let me know well before 7:30am EST. I leave for work right around that time.
Bah! If only I had gone with CoD's instincts, we would have got the Seer on Night 2. But Lal looked more Seerish to me. And I must admit that the fact that Holvy has been the Seer so many times played on my mind. That and her bold first post, which you can see played an important part in my thinking. Had I known that she had dreamed before Day 1, it might have influenced me more the other way.

Quote:
OK, I'm happy with killing Lal. Looking back over the thread, I think there's a good chance that she is the Seer.

Just to be sure, I shall PM Fea and Boro now and tell them that our kill will be Lalwende, unless they hear any
different from either of you two before the deadline. I wouldn't want to risk missing our kill.

As I won't be on-line again before Day 3 starts, here's something that I wanted to mention. It's fairly obvious, but I'll say it anyway. All we need toMorrow is one innocent to vote for another innocent and, if we add our three votes, we have won.

Good luck, my friends. [Smilie]
I knew that, if Lal wasn't the Seer, there was a good chance that one of us would have been spotted by the Seer and that, given the situation, the Seer would probably reveal. I also knew that there was a reasonable chance that it would be me who was unmasked. But I was also fairly sure at that point that Lal was the Seer.

I shall have to leave it to Kath or CoD to reveal their Night 3 plotting.