View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #382
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mattius,

In very broad terms, this is what we'll be describing:

1. The huorn's and Easterlings depredations on the countryside near Isengard and their subsequent retreat to the marshes north of Minas Tirith,

2. The remaining good guys get the King to send an army out with them to the outskirts of the marshes where the army from the East has camped.

3. The good guys are hiding on the edge of the encampment when the huge Easterling army including the Khan and Saelonia come in from the east.

For the most part, this will be basic narrative. I'll be working on #1 and Aylwen on #2. We'll deal with #3 after the first two segments are done.

I will compose and put my post up on the discussion thread, and Aylwen will eventually place everything on the game itself in the order she thinks best.

I am open to suggestions, ideas, corrections on my part of the narrative, especially on the part of those folk who are playing bad guys. I will gradually compose on the thread itself so check in and read. If you've got ideas, just post on the thread or send me a pm. (I will be dealing with broad action rather than individual characters for the most part.)

Our remaining month of action where we all hack out the rest of the story could perhaps focus on spying out the Easterlings to get an idea of how the good guys should attack, and then the attack itself? Then again, the good guys better watch their backs as Saelonia may send her spies into the marsh as well! The interesting part of this should be working out this action in the context of a marsh setting.

Any ideas, concerns?

Child