View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 04:05 PM   #377
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Estelarion heard the noise again in the woods...he had heard it twice before already. He saw Menelduliniel give a start next to him. She had done that twice before as well. However, whenever he asked if she had heard it, she denied it.

"You had to have heard that," Estelarion said, watching his companion sit staring into the fire.

"What? Heard what?" Menelduliniel said, with a start, feigning that she had been in concentration of some sort.

"Menelduliniel, I am going back. I care not that you think to desire solitude for...for I know not what." Estelarion rose and began packing his horse

"Wait! I was lying! I heard it!" Menelduliniel said, rising and running over and putting her hand on Estelarion's shoulder, "Just stay with me. Please. It was but the wind...in the trees. Yes, that is what it must have been."

Estelarion turned and saw panic in Menelduliniel's eyes. She would not stay out here alone. That gave Estelarion the hope he needed. If he left, she would follow him. No matter if she was angry, it would get them out of here.

Estelarion continued to put on his pack and mount up.

"Okay...if you must go you must..." Menelduliniel said, going back to the fire, great fear still apparent in her face. Estelarion's heart dropped a bit at her returning to the fire, but he continued to pack up. He finished, then mounted. He turned Amanroch and, as he did so, Menelduliniel ran to him.

"Wait! Wait! I will at least ride with you back...it is...aiya...hmm...not safe out there for you alone! Yes! Too dangerous!"

She quickly packed, put out the fire, and jumped onto Salkadome, galloping away from their campsite with Estelarion right next to her.

They galloped along for some time, until they saw the Inn ahead. They put their horses away, and decided to try to go over another entrance, in the hopes of not being seen. They walked around the side of the building, then were immediately confronted by many faces. They took a step back, surprised. Then, they heard laughter.

"Care to join us finally, you two?" Gandalf said, "I was wondering when you would show."

Embarrassed that the party had been there the whole time, the two Elves came and sat next to the others, listening to see what was going on. When they heard that riddles were being told, they smiled, and sat back to listen. Since neither were particularly good at riddles, they hardly tried to guess any, but listened, quite amused by the games.