View Single Post
Old 09-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #389
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Holly followed Bird and watched her count the coins. She was just putting them into the small leather bag pulled from her skirt when the hobbit approached her.

'So, my wealthy friend, where are you bound for now?'

Bird shrugged, and tucked the bag once more into her waistband.

'I'm not sure myself.' mused the hobbit, kicking at a loose stone in the courtyard dirt. 'Have you heard where Gandalf is bound? Will it be to the castle?' She looked speculatively at the folk gathered in the yard, and sighed. 'I do grow weary of being in one place for so long. My feet are itching to feel the open road again. I intend to leave soon, perhaps tomorrow, or the next day at the latest. So, I suppose it matters not when the others are leaving or where they're bound.'

She heard Perry's soft whinny come from the stables. 'Well, best go see to my travelling companion. Shall I see you later?'

The hobbit walked toward the stables and called back over her shoulder, 'Oh, and I'll leave the window open should you have need of it tonight.'

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]