View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Arien’s post

“Mummy can we go home I’m tired,” Crystal said tugging at Carmalita’s sleeve, as they walked down a dark street of Bree. They had been out all day delivering various medicines for the townsfolk and they had just tied their horse up in the stables.

“Yes you can go home, but I need to go to the inn. I will drop you off with grandma and she will make you some hot coco, ok?” she said picking Crystal up. “Your getting fat!” Crystal stuck her tounge out and tried to struggle out of Carmalita’s grip, “Ok, ok sorry missy, look we are nearly home.” She set Crystal down who then bolted to their door and knocked boisterously.

The door creaked open to reveal a small figure. “Calm down little girl!” said the woman in her forties as Crystal ran inside. “What did you do to get her so excited?” she asked laughing.

“Nothing mummy, just called her fat….oh and promised her you‘d make her coco!” she smiled at her mother.

“Your not coming in then?” her mother asked holding the door handle.

“No, I’m going to the Pony. More things need dropping off.”

“You had all day to do that, what were you doing?”

“Nothing!” she said and she ran off down the lane towards the inn. She was still a child even though she had a daughter and this worried her mother sometimes. But then Carmalita would do something to that little girl, they were more like best friends not mother and daughter. She shut the door and went to tend to the youngster inside.

Carmalita slowed her run to a walk as she drew near to the Inn. The lights were on as always and many horses and carts were parked outside. She could smell the pipe weed and ale already as she came to open the door she heard her name being called. She turned round and saw it was Mr Raloa.

“So,” she said plunging her hand into her bag, “I guess you were wanting this?” flashing a small jar of green liquid in front of his face.

“Yes, but is it supposed to look like that?” he asked pointing at it apprehensively.

“Look who is the nurse here? Thank you!” she said putting one hand on her hip.

“Ok ok!” he said taking the bottle from her. “Here,” said thrusting some money into her hand. “Thanks!” he laughed and then walked off

She entered the busy Inn and went straight to Butterbur “Here” she said placing a jar of pills on the counter and taking a seat. “Ale please.”

“Thankyou Carmalita” he said passing an ale over the counter. “And hows you mother? And little Crystal?” he placed the pill in his pocket and nodded his head.

“Oh fine, fine.” She said as she surveyed the inn looking for the other people who need their medicine. When her eyes fell upon a stranger, “And who is that?” she said nodding towards him while sipping her ale.

“Oh well he’s Ranger. He’s been here for a while now but he don’t talk much.”

She did not answer but her eyes lay upon him for a while.

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]