View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 09:22 AM   #18
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Rangar looked the elf in the eye. Another surprise, he'd never had any dealings with elves in his life, well, at least none he could remember. And now one wanted to join him. She seems so sure of herself, he thought."You're an arrogant one, elf." He said, waiting to see what happened next. And, as he spoke,he could see her eyes fill with contempt. "Do not mistake arrogance for confidence, young man." He noted how the elf lingered upon the word young. In that moment he reliezed his stupidity. That one's probably a 1000 years old! Someone with that kind of age and experience had the right to be arrogant, or confindent, or whatever he decided. Here was one who could help. "Well spoken." he said, "If you wish to come, I certainly won't deny you the chance, but do not think so lightly of men. My name is Rangar." He said, and extended his hand. She nodded curtly, but made no reply and went back to wherever she had been sitting. Rangar sighed. "Anyone else?" he asked again, wondering what new creatures would step forward.