View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 03:55 PM   #292
Hirilaelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hirilaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hiri grinned as Astarielle came back inside the inn, water running down her cloak. "Wet then?" Astarielle shook the water from her cloak and sat down at the bar with her ale again. "Yes, wet would be a good way to describe it," she replyed sarcastically. Hiri laughed. "At least it's warm in here."

Sipping her ale and smiling gratefully, Astarielle replyed, "Yes, I am indeed glad." She looked around the inn. "Much better than under a bush, or by the side of the road. No fire, or a dry place to sit..." She pondered all the times she had weathered a storm without the warmth of an inn. Smiling again, she said, "Yes. Undoubtedly much better."

Setting her pint of ale down, Hiri said, "I rather like the rain and wet. I was the strange hobbit in Bree, because I like to swim, a most strange and disturbing habit for a young hobbit lass."

Astarielle remarked ruefully, "I like swimming well enough, but not with all my clothes on." Laughing, Hiri took another sip of the generous pint of ale. "Well, tell me something about your travels Astarielle! I may not be an adventurer myself, but I like to hear of adventures. Or perhaps," she added, "we could get something to eat. I am quite hungry."