View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 06:38 PM   #296
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The chain mail armored vest gleamed brightly even in the gloomyly lighted room. His brown pants and raged cape looked dull compared to the Gondorian armor. This apperal made him blend somewhat in to the rest of the crowd.

While the elf assesed his clothing the inn door opened. Since he happened to be in the back he couldn't see the person that walked in. A relitivily small elf walked over to Burzdol. "We need to talk," he said. The two walked to Burzdol's table and started to talk.

"The King of Gondor and your mother sent me here to you," the short elf said.

"Who are you, are you a messanger for my father," Burzdol asked hastily.

"Well," he began,"my name is Orlik son of Ontik and I guess you could say I'm Bi....I....I mean your father's messanger."

Burzdol persisted,"Well?"

"Well....I don't know how to say this. I....I....I am sorry to alert you that....um.... well....your father....um died in battle two days ago."

"What?" the elf roared as he raised form his chair. The whole inn looked over.

"Sit down, it's alright," he said, watching the face turn back to what they were doing.

Stifling a cry Burzdol replied,"What happened?"

"It was near the borders of Mirkwood. Your father and a few of the best warriors, including myself embarked on horses to see your mother and some other elves in the area. I think there were about twenty of us. A patrol of orcs came at us at the borders of the forest and only one escaped, on a warg I think. We couldn't catch him. By the time we caught up to him he had gotten about one hundred orcs. When the elves arrived we had already been anhialated. Your father and I were the only ones left. Doctors did all they could, but your father didn't make it. He just kept talking about you whilst he lay there. He said to tell you to go and help fight with the dwarf Bali. He also told me to give you this, it's a small token he got from Rivendell when he was just born. He said it was hand crafted by Lord Elrond himself. Though that's all he told me, well before he died." Orlik handed Burzdol a very long slender dirk.

"Thanks," Burzdol said as tears flooded his eyes.

"I must be going now, I thank you for your time and hope you feel better," and with that Orlik left the inn and Burzdol in the same.

As Burzdol watched the elf leave thoughts and memories filled his mind. Now I must find Bali, I now have a reason to fight.

[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]