View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 AM   #11
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I joined because I had just seen the first movie and was reading the books. There were a lot of things in the books that I wanted to learn more about, so I went searching on the web. I don't remember how I stumbled across the Downs, but I did, and I came to check out the boards. Everyone here was so knowledgeable and gave such thorough answers to questions that I just had to stay because there was so much to learn. I've since quieted down because I've participated in many of the discussions a couple years ago (as well as a few riddles threads that were going strong for a while), and since the books are not fresh in my mind anymore I don't really have much to add to the discussions at the moment. I hope to pick them up again, though, and join in once more. For now I just kind of haunt. There are still many familiar "faces" around here who I enjoy talking to, so my spirit remains floating around
It's funny, too, because when I joined these forums, Hobbits were my favorite, and Sam was my favorite character (can ya tell?)... and since then, Eowyn has become my favorite character. But, I couldn't just give up the online alias I'd had for so long, nor the cute little beer carrying hobbitlass that represents me here at the boards
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote