View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #291
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kara couldn't help but smile at the new arrival. He was so obviously uncomfortable around her, craning his neck to ensure he couldn't possibly be accused of looking anywhere he shouldn't, and so dropping everything he picked up because he wasn't watching where he was putting it down. Taking pity on him she gently pushed his hands away and set about recovering the fallen rolls herself while he told her something of his business there. Finally getting everything back into place, she wondered where to put the Dwarf while he waited for Eodwine. Most of the place was still in a bit of a shambles what with all the repair work going on, but she supposed the Great Hall would do for now. Her offer to carry Náin's bags for him was quickly rebuffed, and she thought perhaps with good reason, as even the Dwarf had to heave it up onto his shoulders. However, the suggestion of finding him somewhere to wait was more gratefully received.

"You said something about a Great Hall? Would it be possible to find a tankard of ale? It has been a long journey..."

Kara nodded and led Náin through. She helped him unload his bags from his shoulders and down onto the floor again, noting that that was the noise she must have heard before, and left him to settle into a chair. She returned to the kitchen to fetch his ale and some more dough, as the rolls were ruined now, and a new batch would need to be made. She also picked up some food. The Dwarf had not requested any, but he had said the journey had been long, and good food was always the best way to recover from such things. Leaving Frodides happily complaining about the extra work she detoured round by the oven to put the rolls in, and then headed back to the Hall.

Náin seemed startled when she re-entered from a different direction to the one she had left, but his eyes soon focused on the food and drink she was holding in her hands. Putting down in the table in front of him she was rewarded with a smile and a cry of thanks, as he tucked into what lay before him. Kara realised that, for now at least, she had nothing pressing to attend to.

"I wonder sir, would you mind if I joined you for a while? It has been a long time since I met one of your kindred and I would like to hear more news of the outside world."