View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #293
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Fancy meeting a Dwarf in Edoras," said a strange somewhat high voice behind Náin. Seeming less startled than usual, the Dwarf turned around to see someone even smaller than himself, and full grown by all appearances. The little person bowed low, so low that his nose was close on touching his very hairy feet.

"Falco Boffin of the Shire at your service," said the little person.

"Náin son of Narin son of Nori at yours! You're a hobbit!"

Falco smirked at the widened eyes the Dwarf was watching him with, and walked up to a nearby chair and sat down, puffing on his long stemmed pipe.

"I overheard you and Kara talking, as I was just waking up from a nap. So you are from Erebor and will help Eodwine rebuild this place?"

"If that is what he wishes, though scupting is my trade of choice. You stayed away from the horse fair," the Dwarf observed.

"No use to the likes of me! Ponies are enough trouble!"

"What brought you so far from the Shire, if I may ask?"

"Ask you may! Eodwine did! I wanted to see the world! I saved his life and he owed me, so I told him he could pay his debt by taking me with him back to his homeland. So I'm his freeloading guest, I suppose you could say." Falco grinned at Náin, then resumed puffing on his pipe, sending smoke rings into the slowly thickening air. "Have you ever sculpted a hobbit?"