View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 08:34 PM   #318
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"When my retainers have all gathered. I await them. You are of course the first one, and I welcome your presence."

Eodwine smiled by way of reassurance. He saw that Thornden was nervous and could not quite hide it. He gestured for Thornden to sit in the seat just to his right, just off the small dais he had Garstan mock up for him for this day. He was glad that with all the time consumed by freeing Linduial, Garstan had had the time, despite his injury, to throw it together, even if it wasn't made of stone. Garstan, it turned out, was handy enough with mallet, rod, and spikes, to do the job.

Eodwine wondered what Saeryn was doing, and how long she would be, or Léof, Ađelhild, Garwine, and the others.

Manawyth was another story altogether, and one Eodwine did not relish. There would have to be questions asked, since he had not had a chance earlier. To speak for Manawyth required knowing some things, and he strongly hoped the answers Manawyth - if he chose to give them! - would strengthen his resolve to protect his new Dunlending bard. He hoped he was innocent.

As time went by, his various retainers came into the Hall. He greeted each one with a smile, and they took up the poisitions he indicated for them. As soon as they were all present, he would begin holding court.