View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #71
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle View Post
I saw the film over the hols and thoroughly enjoyed it -- sure, it wasn't the book, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I was very pleasantly surprised to see how much of the 'added' material was actually true to Tolkien's other writings and I also very much enjoyed how the 'tone' of the movie was more in keeping with how Tolkien himself wanted to revision the book after having written LotR. I could have done without several of the scenes (which were really just Jackson being self-indulgent and nobody having the authority or balls to tell him that they really needed to be cut -- the dwarves tidying Bilbo's table, Radagast nursing the hedgehog (I mean, really!) and about half the Council-scene at Rivendell) but for the rest it was very well done. I am quite excited about the sequels.

Oh, and for the people who have been complaining that the 48 fps makes it look 'fake'...it isn't real to begin with...

Am I seeing things? Is that really Fordim Hedgethistle back on the Downs? and using British slang?

Welcome back, Fordy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
I often worry though, whether these exquisite drawings are genuine or done on one of these computer packages that turn your photos into sketches...and I'm not that impressed by pure skill if there's no originality behind it. It's nice, but is it Art?
There are computer packages that can do that?

But then Renaissance artists often had students finish their paintings or work on small areas, if I am not mistaken, so I suppose there have always been apps for artists.