View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #729
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What a chaos! Modtryth thought. She was glad Cnebba was not in the Hall.

She ran to the new kitchen and found Stigend and Garstan chatting about some changes made to the wall. She rushed in.

"Stigend, Garstan, Lord Eodwine is being attacked by outlaws at the ruins. All men capable of riding are needed at once, you'll get horses at the stables. Hurry!" For a blink of an eye the men stood still, stuck by the news.

"What's happened?" Stigend asked.
"Where's Leodern?" Garstan asked.
"Master Falco came bearing the tidings. I don't know anything more", Modtryth replied, "And I haven't seen Leodern in a few hours."

"Now let's hurry!" Stigend said before Modtryth could.

They all rushed out of the kitchen, to meet Kara. "Garstan, Leodern's in the kitchen with Ginna. She's a bit panicked, but alright", the young cook explained hastily.

Modtryth cast a quick glance around. "I'll go to alert the twins", she said. She turned to her husband. "Take care, Stigend, and don't hurt yourself", she said with a serious voice, gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and ran off to fetch Harreld and Garreth.