View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 AM   #737
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Lys shyly reached over with a hand, holding it over Elfthain's outstretched palm.

"When I came here I had no money. I still have no coin to my name, and no thought on how to earn it. Lord Eodwine has kept me in his Hall only on a promise I would earn my way. I do not think you have to worry Elfthain..."

Lys' led the young boy towards the kitchens, but found the disruption begun in the stables had spread through the Hall quicker than they could retreat. Lys stood by the threshold to the kitchen, watching the women worry about a crying younger girl. With as much speed as he could manage, he walked into the kitchen and begged their pardon. He explained there was a newcomer in need of a small meal, and acquired some cheese and bread on a platter. Lys' berated himself for the blush on his face as he backed out the door into the Hall - he was still not used to talking to more than two or three people at a time. He felt guilty for bothering them at such a time.

Nonetheless, he took his humble meal back to one of the long tables, trying his best to stay ahead of the able-bodied Elfthain. Lys begged Elfthain to begin and take the greater share as his breakfast had not quite worn away. Lys then remembered to answer his last question.

"I am not certain what has happened. But I am worried. Lord Eodwine is a great man, and he has saved me. I do not know why anyone would want to harm him."